Keeping an open mind never fails me, and in this case, it unlocked a cascade of ideas. Once I got started on Pinterest, a flood of images floated in. I chose more than the recommended three. Here is why I chose them:
1) My book cover – The title, Free from Hepatitis C is my vision for the world. Freedom is my stance in life, particularly freedom from fear.
2) I included a photo of the hepatitis C virus. I figured that people would want to know what the microorganism looks like, especially since it has taken hostage of millions of livers in the United States and beyond.
3) Naturally, a hepatitis C pinboard would include an image of the liver, the largest internal organ in the human body. (The skin is the largest organ, but it is external.)
4) I pinned a bird on the board—a hepatic tanager to be exact. The word hepatitic refers to the liver. I also included it because birds represent freedom.
5) The hepatitis C awareness ribbon is on my board, along with the Keep Calm and Get Tested poster from the April 9 post.
Who knew that hepatitis C was so visual? Click here to view my hepatitis C board.